Eating in Cusco, Peru

Its' been a while.
Is over a year even still a while?
But let's not dwell on that. I'm here now aren't I?

I was debating for a while with which topic I should make my comeback but as I'm currently in Cusco it seemed obvious that this beautiful city would be the focus and as I love good food (I mean, who doesn't?) nothing came easier.

So without further ado here are my favourite places to eat in Cusco:

Qucharitas 

372 Procuradores 

There are actually two branches of this café and I've been in both of them but I think I prefer the smaller one that is close to Plaza de Armas (or Plaza Mayor).
There is a lot to chose from. The ice cream is probably the most popular as it's quite special. You chose a base and a fruit and if you want a topping and then they mash it up to one delicious flavour.
If you're more one of for the savoury (what's wrong with you?) then you might want to choose the Panini/Ciabatta option with two toppings included in the price and more possible of course, as well as crisps or salad and dips. Moreover, you can choose from waffles (the chocolate chip ones are delicious), crêpes and other sweet treats such as brownies and churros.


Churros with chocolate sauce and dulce de leche and raspberry-Baileys ice cream










Relaxing tea at Hanz










Hanz


Calle Procuradores 385

This is a lovely little restaurant where you should definitely try the big variety of tea which might seem expensive (10 S./) but so worth it if you consider that it gets filled up once you finished the beautiful little pot. The burgers here are delicious, as well as the sweet or savoury crêpes and the pasta.





La Valeriana


Portal Espinar 115
cake and croissants at La Valeriana
I've been here three times already and I plan on coming here a lot more. They have savoury meals like quiches and little pizzas but the highlight is definitely the wide variety of cake. I could spend hours and hours here, either sitting outside on a beautiful day or enjoying the lovely interior design.

These were my favourites but then there are also honourable mentions:

Laggart Cafe

Mercado San Blas, 101, Calle Tandapata

This café is also made special by the decoration. Each wall is adorned with colourful paintings and the teas, coffees and cakes are pretty good.


Siete y Siete  

Siete Diablitos 

While the food hasn't been as incredible as in some other cafés I would still like to mention it because if you've made it up all the stairs to this little place you will be rewarded with a splendid view and very good coffee for an unbeatable price at 5 S./ for a cappuccino.

I hope that this could perhaps help a little if you're in the area and can't make up your mind where to go.

Adios, pequeñas galletas *stuffing my mouth with cake*

Comments

Popular Posts